Chicken Satay skewers with Peanut Sauce
- 500 g Mt Barker Chicken Thighs, cut into smallish cubes
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 Tblsp oil
- 24 wooden skewers
- 250 ml water or coconut cream
- 5 Tblsp peanut butter
- 2 Tblsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 Tblsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tblsp lime juice
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate 2 hours
- 2. Soak skewers in water to prevent burning while cooking
- 3. Bring water (or coconut milk), peanut butter, kekap manis, brown sugar, garlic and salt to a boil in a small pot, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- 4. Thread the marinated chicken onto skewers. Place a couple of tablespoons of the hot marinade into a small bowl and brush it all over the chicken.
- 5. Heat a grill or pan over medium high heat, and fully cook the chicken by turning the skewers about 1-2 minutes per side.
- 6. Serve the chicken skewers with the remaining peanut sauce.