Start with tenderising the chicken.
- Place strips in a bowl and sprinkle with baking soda, stir gently to coat all of the strips evenly. Then cover and let the chicken marinate for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the baking soda and rinse the chicken several times.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and set to one side.
Next, make the sauce…
Add all the sauce ingredients into a measuring jug and stir well.
For the stir fry:
- Pour the oil into a heavy-based frying pan and place over high heat
- Whilst the oil is heating up remove the roots from the spring onions and chop them up into 5cm-length chunks.
- Add the spring onions to the oil (be careful as it can spit) and stir fry them for 1 minute to flavour the oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 min, stiring constantly.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms and stir fry for a further two minutes
- Add in the sliced garlic and stir constantly for a minute
- Give the prepared sauce another stir and then pour into the pan. The sauce will thicken quickly so stir it to coat your stir fry
- Serve immediately